Welcome to the Life of a Peasant: War of Gods Site!

This is the official site of LoaP: War of Gods for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, where I update and host my maps. Please give me suggestions on how to improve my map.

Please host this map in WC3TFT! Thank you if you do!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LoaP War of Gods v2.0

At last! The next and probably final version! I've retired from map-making after creating several other maps, usually under several other names. I've also included the original creator's name in the newest version, so hopefully I don't get banned again.

I've also noticed a lack of LoaP games being hosted. Either it's just coincidence that everytime I log in, there're no games, or no one cares about or even remembers LoaP anymore. Hell, even the first map that I created all by myself gathered players faster than this edited LoaP map, even though I, its [my own map] creator, think it sucks.

In any case, you can get the latest version here.

This version includes:
-Lots of bug changes.
-New sets of skills for every single darn Hero in the map.
-Lots of tooltip and button changes.
-Lots of new units have been created, and many old ones have been remade.
-Balanced out the jobs. I checked my Gmail account (one of the rare times when I check my 9 email accounts) and I found lots of emails stating that the Kidnapper job was imbalanced 'cos it was similar to the Mayor job, except with more power.
-Added ranged units in the Training Room so that ranged Heroes no longer get an advantage over melee Heroes.
-Added and balanced many, many small, minor issues, half of which are small visual effects.

Also, notice the inclusion of magic attacks for some Heroes. Yes, I've lost sight of my goal to created a realistic life-simulator. But hell, it was a really silly idea to start off with anyway. Anyone who wants a life-simulating game can just buy The Sims 2 or something. But hey, I was 11 at the time and I'm only 13 now, so I guess such childish-ness can be forgiven, no?

Yes, I'm 13. Whatever.

No comments: